Help & Advice
Creating digital publications/publishing documents on YUDUfree
A quick guide
What documents can I publish?
Books and eBooks
And just about anything previously in print!
How to publish documents/digital publications
It's not essential to have your own library in order to publish a digital publication/document, you'll simply need to provide your email address and fill in a captcha. However, signing up for a library is free and you get loads more features and benefits, so it's well worth it and will only take a minute. Please note: If you wish to make your digital publications private, you will need your own library, as the privacy settings are only available to change if you are registered. All publications created and not made private will be available to view in the public YUDUfree library.
- Click the large Publish button on the navigation bar at the top of the screen. This will take you to the Publish page.
- On this page, choose the 'Document' button from the options available, which will take you to Document upload page.
- Click 'browse', choose the file that you wish to turn into a digital publication (this can be PDF, Word(.doc), Powerpoint(.ppt), Excel and their OpenOffice equivalents), and click OK.
- Type in a title for your publication, select whether you want this to be a public or private document (make sure you have the rights to the copyright if you make it public) and click the Publish button. If you aren't logged in, or don't have a library, this screen will also ask you for your email address (so we can send you a link once it's finished processing), and to fill in a captcha (this simply checks to make sure you're human).
- If you have your own library, you will then be asked if you wish to add it to your library or publish another document. If you don't have a library you will be asked if you would like to open one, or if you just want the link emailed to you.
If you have your own YUDUfree library...
After publishing we will also notify you on email that your publication is complete and ready for you to tag, categorise, rate and more. More information on organising your items.
If you do not have your own YUDUfree library, remember that you will only be able to manage your YUDUfree document from a YUDUfree library. So if you want to delete, tag or add a description to the document you will need to set up your own library. This is very simple and quick to do. Open one now.